Monday, September 14, 2009

Here we go....

OK, here we go... Since I have officially proclaimed myself as a "blog stalker", I thought I should start one myself. Besides being fun to do, I thought it would be a great way for friends and family to keep up with our busy lives! So bear with me as I figure this out and it should be a lot of fun!

Lately at our house, fall has kicked in full swing. Rylan just started 1st grade and is loving every minute of it! He is learning how to read more things and is just starting with math. His favorite thing so far is when he gets to check out a book from the library. He also just celebrated is 7th birthday on the 9th! We celebrated with family and let him take a friend with him to the Lubbock Cooper football game and even spend the night after. Let me just tell, even though everything went well, it will be a while before we do that again!! Two first grade rowdy boys is a lot to handle! I don't know how school teachers do it! Rylan is also getting to play flag football for the first time this year. His first game will be Sunday. He is super excited and so are we! Hopefully we can get a picture or two to show off.
Talon is just growing like crazy these days! He will be 1 on the 25th of this month! Crazy, I know. He just began walking about a week ago and it is the cutest thing that you have ever seen. He still crawls more than he walks. Walking just isn't fast enough for him to keep up with Ry yet! He currently has has 8 teeth. His four top and four bottom. This week he is getting some back teeth in. Today he ran a low grade fever and is slobbering like crazy! When you look in his mouth his gums are all swollen and red and you can see white starting to peek through. He is such a tough little boy! Every once and a while he will just want to cuddle, which he never wants to do, but he is still going like crazy and getting into everything!!

Ky is still at City Bank working in the accounting department. No complaints from him. He still dreams of starting his own company. Doing what? Your guess is as good as mine. He is going to have a busy next couple of days because he is helping out with a big customer appreciation golf tournament for the bank. He will get to meet some new people. As you know he is just THRILLED about it! Hopefully he will survive and have some new friends after it is all said and done with.

I'm still working in the NICU and loving every minute of it! When school started I went part-time so I could stay home with the boys! I only have to work 2 days a week, so I end up working every weekend. When there are school holidays and the summer, Ky's mom is able to help us out with the kids. So I won't always have to work every single weekend. It ends up working out great! I love being home with my boys and feeling like a stay at home mom. My most recent undertaking at work is that I am training to do transports. I will be going to pick up babies from outlying facilities that need a hospital capable of taking better care of their babies. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I will have to be able to intubate, put central lines in the umbilical cord, and make decisions on my own without a doctor! Hopefully my years of experience will pay off. This is why I love the NICU, there are always opportunities to stretch my knowledge and skill level!! I have already helped but lines in once this week. I will keep you updated as my training progresses!!

Well I'm going to apologize for such a lengthy post!! Hopefully this blogging thing will work out and I can keep everyone updated about our lives! Time to go to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is great and thank you for including me on your contact list! The boys are precious as you well know that I know! I love you all so much and am extremely proud of both of you! Love you so much! Oops, I have already said that-ha-, but I do love you so much! :>} :>} :>} Mamaw

    ReplyDelete