Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Spring Break Part 1

The boys and I, along with Ky's mom, spent the first 3 days of our spring break with Ky's sister, Sierra, and her husband Kyle at their house in Panhandle.
We left Lubbock Monday morning, where it was pouring, and met Sierra and Kyle in Canyon to eat at Feldman's. We thought we would drive out of the rain, but we never did. We ran a couple or errands in Amarillo before we let them play at Jump and Jive for a while, and for free I might add! Thanks to the employee who did not know how to run the debit card machine! :) After jumping, we stopped by the Donut Stop and purchased some donuts for the following mornings. And you can't find a donut like the Donut Stop's anywhere in Lubbock! We made our way through the rain to our final destination of Panhandle.
We were stuck inside for most of the visit due to the rain that fell all day Monday. Rylan was so excited to get to see their new puppy Bronx. Rylan kept calling him a Great Hound on the days leading up to the getaway, and I had to correct him and tell him the Bronx in a Great Dane. Needless to say, Rylan was excited to meet him!The girls spent time picking out which candle or should I say candles we wanted to buy from Sierra. We spent hours smelling and laughing! Here is just some of the mess we made.
Talon really did not enjoy smelling the coffee beans and his face was hilarious, but he kept sniffing them. I might add that he did most of his "smelling" with his mouth wide open while trying to smell from it. Quite funny! The face and head shaking that followed the sniff.
Talon spent most of his time getting cuddles form his Aunt C.
Talon also found the dog's water bowl and when I would call his name, this is the look I got. Little stinker.
After he dumped all the water out, he would talk/yell into it and hear his echo.
Rylan spent every spare second he had to play Kyle's XBox. He played some basketball game the entire time.
And his little brother watched him play.
Talon loved the fact that he could easily climb up on their couches and he loved to stand and jump on them. We also spent time Tuesday visiting Sierra's 2nd grade room where Rylan, Talon, and Nana played on the smartboard, and the gym at the elementary playing basketball and I even pulled out some old gymnastics mats. I did about 6 passes on the mats before I got tired and dizzy, so I put them away. I should have known my old body would punish me for this for the next 5 days! We then went to Kyle's classroom where Talon loved playing in the big student desks and we all enjoyed eating Kyle's Cheetos. We then went and had a 2 on 2 basketball game at the new gym. Kyle and Rylan against Sierra and I. The boys won, but Sierra and I let them, for Kyle's sake! We then went and visited Eric and Mandy's house. We didn't get to see either of them, but we did get to visit with Mandy's mom, Karleen, for a while. We concluded Tuesday by eating take home from Fat Tony's and watching American Idol.
We left Wednesday morning and drove back home to Lubbock to beautiful weather! I will post the second part of our spring break later. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment