Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Roasted Garlic Beef Brisket

Friday was spent making delicious food since it was so disgusting outside. I made a delicious brisket and Chelle came over and had supper with us and enjoyed some NCAA basketball. We had a very fun night, be we were very upset that we had to watch Duke on the computer and not on our huge TV.

For those of you who don't know, I don't enjoy cooking. Especially not with weird things or dishes that take a lot of prep work. Ky is the cook in this house. He is a million times better than I am, and he enjoys cooking and watching the Food Network. I would rather scratch my eyeballs out than watch that. We had a brisket in the freezer so I was on a mission to find a recipe for it. Thursday night, I was able to find this recipe. It was so much fun and this was the first time I cooked like real chef! I snapped a few pictures as I was cooking, to share.
The Brisket after I seared it.The onions being sauteed.Garlic added and being sauteed.I even cooked with a real live plant! This is the oregano. I couldn't find fresh basil, so I had to use dried.All the ingredients together to boil.Everything together before cooking the brisket.The finished product.It was so delicious and I was so proud of myself and so was Ky. He was very impressed! Maybe I will whip out my cooking skills more often. If the end result is as good as this, it will be so worth it! Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW...I REALLY want that recipe!! It looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey,
    If you click on this it will send you to the recipe. And it was so good and pretty simple to make! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean the word "this" in the blog that is blue. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete